The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday approved a N300 billion export stimulation fund for the Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM).
The bank’s Managing Director, Robert Onya said during a visit of the Hon. Jones Onyereri- headed House of Representatives Committee on Banking and Currency, that the bank also got additional N50 billion from the CBN for rediscounting and refinancing of loans obtained by investors from commercial banks, with a one year tenor.
Briefing the committee members on the activities of the bank over the past five years, the NEXIM chief noted that most of the foreign loans obtained are yet to be utilised due to the dissolution of the NEXIM board, and the non- constitution of a new one.
He said only $33 million was disbursed from the $200 million African Development Bank (AfDB) facility obtained in 2011 for financing Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), because of delay in obtaining approval for Sovereign Guarantee, adding that the Board was dissolved while they were waiting for customers.
Onya also said only $23.1 million has so far been utilised from the additional $200 million obtained from African Export bank.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Journalists Against Poverty Call for collaboration of regional government in the eradication of Female Genital Mutilation
Regional Coordinator of Journalist Against Poverty, Wale Elekolusi has called for the collaboration of regional government in stamping out ...
-
Major oil marketers are blaming the current fuel scarcity on depot owners who now sell to the marke...
-
A crude oil pipeline in Bayelsa operated by the local subsidiary of Italy’s Eni was attacked on Thursday night, a state lawmaker in the st...
-
The three major oil marketers associations in Nigeria, Tuesday met with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Petroleum Equ...

No comments:
Post a Comment